Big Shots is a small café located in Thornhill Brigg Mills, Brighouse. The café is open Mondays to Fridays, 8am – 3.30pm and has circa 35 covers.
The café predominantly services the local business community as well as passing trade and is open for evening events once or twice a month.
We have a vacancy for an experienced, commercially aware manager with the presence and personality to fulfil the potential of Big Shots Cafe and influence the day-to-day business. The café is open Mondays to Fridays, 8am – 3.30pm and has circa 35 covers, servicing the local business community as well as passing trade and is open for evening events once or twice a month.
We are looking for someone who is not only passionate about serving quality, freshly prepared food and fantastic coffee, but also enthusiastic about the art of service. In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring profitability of the café by growing sales and controlling costs of goods, stock takes and stock audits as well as developing the food offering. You will predominantly work autonomously with some support from additional team members where required.
You be an all-rounder, understanding the needs and wants of all aspects of this opportunity and should be able to independently create ideas to further this business.
- Maintaining high standards and conditions, and providing a consistent fast, efficient, and friendly service for customers
- Preparing fresh food on a daily basis including sandwiches, paninis, jacket potatoes, toasties etc. ensuring that all company drink and food offerings and procedures are followed, maintaining the highest quality and consistent product standards
- Ensuring profitability of the café by growing sales and controlling costs of goods, responsible for stock takes and stock audits
- Front and back of house functions including opening and closing procedures
- Maintaining a clean store, following visual presentation plans and standards
- Promoting and practising safe work habits, identifying and resolving potential safety hazards, operational inconsistencies and any team member or customer incidents
- Developing and maintaining efficient and economically viable supplier relationships, whilst being on the look-out for new improved ones where appropriate
- Ensuring full compliance with all food and hygiene regulations for the café and all staff, aiming for a consistent 5 Star food hygiene rating
- Developing a dynamic menu to reflect seasonal trends, general demand, high margin items, new innovations etc.
- Previous coffee shop and supervisory experience
- Retail and commercial skills
- Financial awareness to complete weekly business returns
- Motivated to deliver consistent high standards of food and service quality
- Friendly and approachable, with the management skills to develop and manage a team
- A 'can-do' attitude and happy to work alone.
Salary - £14-16,000 dependent on experience.
This is an exciting opportunity and the chance to put your own mark on this cafe venture.
If you thrive within a new challenge please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org