Thornhill Brigg Mills

Originally built at the end of the 18th Century, Thornhill Brigg Mills was attacked during the Plug Riots of August 1842, when workers feared the introduction of steam power would put them out of work.

16 years later, on 9th June 1858, the mill was destroyed by fire, a fate repeated on 6th December 1888.

In more recent times, the building was used as a textile mill, until it was abandoned in 2013.

The mill was fully renovated in 2014 and is now home to a range of dynamic businesses.